In which we meet Cambodian artist Sopheap Pich and receive the assignment to make an IMPRINT. We filmed with Sopheap at Indianapolis Fabrications while he was in town installing a new work for the Indianapolis Museum of Art.
EPISODE 12 INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Choose and object you find interesting
2. Cut it, making a flat surface
3. Dip the cut surface in paint
4. Press it on to a piece of paper repeatedly to make an imprint
5. Upload to you social media platform of choice using #theartassignment
6. Fame and glory (your work may be featured in the future video)
In this video we also discuss Arte Povera, and the work of Giuseppe Penone.
Like they say, there’s no excuse for not taking part in this assignment. There might, however, be an excuse for not reading all the instructions before I run off to go make a mess with paint… Video tomorrow, if you’re lucky